Windham Center Church is the neighborhood name of the church that began formally as the First Congregational Church of Windham on December 10, 1700, (after meeting informally since 1692.) The church grew and thrived as the northeastern section of CT began to be settled, and we sent off members to form at least five other area congregations as the region’s population increased.
In 1986 the congregation reaffirmed its commitment to be based on the Bible and the gospel, and the need we have of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. This is reflected and expressed in our ministry to children, youth and adults, and the wide variety of Missions/ministries we support, locally and around the world.
Windham Center Church is not a member of any denomination. We cherish an active fellowship with a broad number of Bible-believing churches in this area. We also pursue a wide range of partnerships with ministries around the world that serve as the hands and feet of Jesus.